Thursday, August 18, 2011

Maurice "The Rocket" Richard

I am not sure I have ever picked up a book, before now, that had a picture on the cover and nothing else...not a word...no title...no author's name...nada.  This book, about Rocket Richard, was written by Andy O'Brien and published in October 1961 with a reprint one month later.  "Five goals in one game, 626 goals in his lifetime, no wonder the Goaltenders' Union breathed a sigh of relief when the Rocket retired.  While he couldn't always see the goal, he just 'knew' where it was."

The book is a great read, and tucked inside are original newspaper clippings about the Rocket.  I found it tucked away with other books at Seitl's Antiques in Pugwash. The store was not open but Nancy knew where to go to get the key so we did that, let ourselves in, and took our time looking around.  Only in rural Nova Scotia - I love it!

$9.00 later I had a treasure to add to my collection of hockey stories for Jalen's time capsule.

No comments:

Post a Comment