Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bud the Spud - chip wagon in downtown Halifax

If you are from Halifax, or if you have ever walked along Spring Garden Road during the summer months, you have seen Bud the Spud  proudly waiting to serve you.

As I sat waiting for Carol Bond to join me a couple of days ago I struck up a conversation with the men on either side of me. (I sat on their bench between the two of them actually so they really had no choice but to talk with me as well as each other!)

Bud the Spud chip wagon has a bit of competition but not much. Two other chip/hot dog wagons want your business but, for the most part, everyone heads for Bud the Spud.  So, while Carol and I were deciding where we would purchase our hot dogs and chips the gentleman who we had been carrying on quite a conversation with said, "Are you ladies eating at Bud's right here?" Now I swear I was about to say, "Yes, of course!" when Carol said, "Oh no, I prefer the hot dogs from that other guy" and she pointed to one of the competitors. The man, we learned his name is Glen, (or was it Len?) said, "Well I own Bud the Spud."  We didn't believe him but it was true.  He is the owner - we joked back and forth for some time - a great memory from my summer vacation.   We did purchase our hot dogs from that-other-guy but we purchased our wonderful fries from Buddy at Buds. And we will be back again next summer.

I am still laughing...............

No comments:

Post a Comment