Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My letter from Clarence House Feb 26th, 2002



With all of the attention on the Royal Family I thought I would share this letter with you. When Princess Margaret passed away (I had met her as a very small child when her train tour through Nova Scotia stopped in my town) I wrote to the Queen Mother and enclosed two Comfort Hearts. One heart for the Queen Mother and the other for her daughter - Queen Elizabeth.


When this letter arrived dated February 26th, 2002, more than a month had gone by. Sadly the Queen Mother passed away March 30th just around the time her letter reached me. She died less than two months after her daughter Princess Margaret.


I have always felt honoured to have received this letter from the Queen Mother's "Lady-in-Waiting" on their Clarence House letterhead.


Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment