Sunday, May 1, 2011

Up At 3 am to watch the Royal wedding







Here we are at 3 am Friday April 29th watching the Royal wedding in Phyllis and Tony's home in Montreal. Jeannie (sitting beside me) and Dorothy (in the birthday hat - more about Dorothy and her own special day in a separate blog) and beautiful Phyllis . We got up early and not only did we watch the entire wedding we watched reruns during the rest of the day and the next day too. I am sure we were not alone.



We loved every second of our mini-holiday and Phyllis is such a wonderful hostess (not like when they come to my condo and other than coffee and breakfast we have to eat out!)



Phyllis and Tony make their own pasta and everything that goes with it so we ate very very well. I have a wonderful memory from when James and I lived in Montreal during the early '80's. When I travelled with my work James would stay at their home - he was always happy because Phyllis was such an excellent cook and her children, Robbie and Chrissie, were happy because we arrived with store-bought muffins.


Phyllis made my hat as well as her own (I didn't realize that we must wear a hat even though my invitation said so.) Jeannie wore her hat and decorated it appropriately for the day. Her hat is one that she has worn many times and each time she decorates it to suit the occasion. Now, Dorothy's hat is another story but, again, that is explained in a separate blog.


We were served a champagne breakfast and other than the drink everything we ate came from the Pedicelli kitchen. Love it and I brought food home with me too.)


Tony and I watched Sports Desk in the morning so I even had my sports-fix while I was there.


We did break away from the television to have a 1 1/2 hour walk but came right back and began watching the reruns.


Phyllis, Dorothy and Jeannie I will always remember where I was and who I was with on April 29th. Thanks for including me in your family!































Love,


Carol Ann












No comments:

Post a Comment