Friday, April 15, 2011

Sarah Jessie Catherine S



Meet my new friend Sarah.


Sarah is ten years old and attends Ecole Holy Cross School in Prince Albert Saskatchewan. I received an e-mail from Sarah on March 31st and in part it read, "Hey my name is Sarah. I am doing a heritage fair project and I have to do it on an invention that was made in Canada..........Guess what I am doing? Comfort Hearts! So in awhile if it's okay I would like to interview you."


The e-mail went on to explain that we are related. To keep it light I will say that my sister's former husband's sister's daughter's daughter is Sarah - I believe I have that right. So you see, we are related!


Sarah and I exchanged a number of e-mails, I mailed her a couple of Comfort Hearts and a bit of media coverage on the fundraiser and she arranged a date and time to interview me via phone. I was totally impressed with how prepared this ten year old girl was the second the interview began. Clearly she had done her homework. Sarah had read my first book and she knew the facts she had in place already and the specific things she needed my help with.


When my package arrived at her door Sarah e-mailed her thanks and shared with me that she felt certain the information would help her with her heritage fair project. She also shared more information about herself and this is great proof that you are never too young to volunteer. Sarah wrote, "I have been doing the Relay for Life with my mom since I was born. Now the moms have given the team over to us kids. We are called the TNT Kids DJ Dynamite..." I love it!!


About an hour ago I received this news from my new young friend,"Hi Carol Ann. I did great on my heritage fair - I even won 1st place! Thanks so much for your help. I am going to Regionals on May 6th and if I win there I'll go to Nationals in Regina - four hours away! Hope you like the pictures. With love, Sarah."


I am so proud of you Sarah! Congratulations on your 1st place award and good luck on May 6th and again in Regina. You are already a winner in my eyes! Keep me posted.

Love


Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment