Saturday, June 11, 2011

World Conference on Breast Cancer

The World Conference (6th!) was a wonderful opportunity for cancer survivors, both men and women,  from all over the world to get together and learn together.  I met so many interesting and positive people. 
 www.wcbcf.ca tells you all you want to know about the conference.  www.highwaysbeyondcancer.org tells you who Doctor Ritu Biyani is, what she is doing and that is just one example.

I had a very interesting and educational discussion with Herb Wagner.  Herb was the only male breast cancer survivor at the conference.  His business card says, "A Man's Pink - A website designed to provide information and one to one support to male breast cancer patients and their loved ones, while also providing the opportunity for other male survivors to share their story.  www.malebreastcancer.ca

As for Hamilton - didn't venture outside of the hotel very much when I was not at the conference and, after all, there were two hockey games to watch. I gave the keynote presentation at Friday's Gala and my start time was the exact time that last night's game began!  Not great for a hockey fan but I did keep up with the score and got back to my room for the last 5 minutes and all the recap detail.

Leila Springer is the President of WCBCF and I am hoping she stays in the job for the next conference three years from now.  Well done Leila (and where did you get that dress? Fabulous darling!!)

Love
Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment