Friday, June 24, 2011

Age through the eyes of the young

Tristan Thompson was chosen 4th overall by the Cleveland Cavalies during Thursday's draft (baseball for the non-baseball-fans.)  Six foot nine and 20 years old.  Making history and therefore being called a pioneer promoted Thompson to say, "It makes me feel old, you make me look like I'm 30 or something. I am just 20!"  Love it.

I remember fondly when my sister Lois was turning 50 and I truly felt sorry for her. I thought her life was over. I didn't stop to consider at the time that I was 47!

And then there was the time at the gym when I overheard two very young girls talking. One said, "Your mother is way cool. Bring her to the gym someday."  The reply from her friend was swift and peppered with disgust, "My mother is forty years old!"  I was  40 at the time!

Finally in a crowded elevator I listened with an inside-smile when one young man declared,  "I can't sleep at all anymore. It was never a problem when I was young."  His friend said, "You just turned 30 right?  You will never sleep well again because that is what happened to me the minute I turned 30."

Have a gentle Friday and a good weekend.  I am off to visit family so pictures coming your way I am sure.

Love
Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment