Monday, June 13, 2011

Eva Atterlov Frisell - Pressoffice and freelance journalist in Sweden

I met Eva Atterlov Frisell in Hamilton last week.  She had done her homework prior to attending the World Conference on Breast Cancer and e mailed me to say, in part, "I am a journalist and press officer, at the moment working with a Swedish NGO and as a freelance writer for mainly Swedish media........am planning to publish a book.  I have read about your background and would like to do an interview with you. There is quite a lot of attention and articles about breast cancer in Sweden, but there has been little, if any, attention to women whose lives change drastically after a disease like cancer. I think your background and life story is very interesting and I think Swedish readers will find it so as well...."

Eva and I met in the lobby of our hotel and completed the interview early Thursday morning before attending the conference for the day.  I enjoyed meeting her very much and hope to keep in touch.  Who wouldn't like to have a pen-pal in Sweden?  I know there is a picture of Eva and I out there somewhere and will share it with you when I find it.

Enjoy your Monday.

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment