Monday, June 6, 2011

Mentoring young women who are carving their own career path

My young friend, Cheryl Hill, is Co-ordinator, Health Promotion with the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation - Atlantic.

We worked together in Sydney NS last fall and she was also our 'driver' who got us safely back to Halifax - via the best Pizza place ever en route.

Shortly after Sydney we met again at a conference in Toronto and I will never forget Cheryl on the last day of the conference. She was standing in front of me with all of the CBCF "stuff" she was taking back to Halifax including a huge banner and she wanted to know how far the walk would be to Union Station because she didn't want to spend CBCF money on a cab if she didn't need to.  As a fundraiser for CBCF I loved that!

Last week I saw Cheryl on June 1st at Nancy's retirement party and she offered to drive me back to my hotel  once again before her one hour drive home after a long day. The next day at the CAC Comfort Heart Studentship Award event Cheryl was as excited as I was.  She is a young woman who believes totally in the CBCF mission and the team she works with.

Cheryl you have a very bright future ahead of you and I will help you in any way I can - you need only to ask.

From the heart,

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment