Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Roberto Luongo

My God people - leave the man alone!  He is good enough to play in the NHL so let's stop calling him a bum.  Those who are most critical are likely arm-chair-wanna-be-NHLers and it is oh so easy to criticize from the comfort of our livingrooms as we watch the series unfold.

It all comes down to tonight's game.  My grandson, Jalen, has always been a Luongo fan - even before the Olympics.  To say that Jalen was upset with Monday night's first period would be an understatement but did he give up on Luongo?  No he did not.  He has a soft spot in his heart for goalies like so many people do.  I realize you either love Luongo or you hate him but let's all enjoy the game and take in the words of advice some young hockey players offered to Luongo (as written in today's Star.)   From nine year old Connor, "Tonight I'll go to bed dreaming about playing in Game 7.  In my dream we'll win the Stanley Cup.  He should have the same dream." From ten year old Justin, "Forget about the game on Monday.  Just get on the ice and work on the fundamentals. Wait, I forgot something - don't over think the game."  Good advice.

As a true blue Leaf's fan it has not been easy for me to jump on the Canucks bandwagon and yes I realize there are more Canadian players on Boston's team than on BC's but for now, "Go Canucks Go."

Tomorrow I will be back to loving my Leafs.

CA

No comments:

Post a Comment