Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pictures from yesteryear





Recently at a speaking engagement I was asked if I had any pictures of the guys from my Auto Motive days at Bell. I will get to that picture in a second. The first picture was taken in 1981 on my last day in Business office Line Support as I prepared to leave for my District Manager Rouge River I&R job. Steve Simpson was my I&R Line Support peer and he insisted on dressing me up so that I would be ready for the weather and ready for the job. The slicker was not new nor was it clean on the inside....I was wearing a brand new mauve silk suit and all I could think of was that it would be ruined. I don't look all that pleased do I...





The 1984 photo was taken in the spring on my first day back from Montreal. I was transferred to Bell's massive warehouse near the 400 (and I wanted to live downtown!) and on that first day my guys won a fork lift competition - honestly at that stage of my career I was not totally sure what fork lift was! Clearly I hadn't realized that white pants were not a good idea either.

Have a great first day of June.

Love
CA

No comments:

Post a Comment