Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bring on the Stanley Cup - and finding Bobby Orr



My friend Barb Harvey and I posing with the Stanley Cup some (many) years ago at a Bell hockey tournament. ...


During my VP days at Bell I had the pleasure of doing some charity work (Easter Seals) with Bobby Orr. He was such a pleasure to work with and the way he handles his celebrity is something every young celebrity today could learn from. When I was in hospital in 1992 Bobby gave me a signed copy of that famous picture showing him flying through the air after scoring "the" goal. When I shared the story with Jalen he was very impressed that "Nana" knows Bobby Orr. (And I in turn was impressed that at six years of age he knows Bobby Orr!) The picture is now in Jalen's time capsule. I am hoping to track Bobby down and have him sign something for Jalen for Christmas this year. My attempts so far have not been successful so if you have any tips please share - but don't tell Jalen.


Love

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment