Sunday, July 3, 2011

One million attend Pride parade in Toronto

I didn't go to the parade but I did have a good view from my balcony looking South down Yonge Street.

A funny Pride related story for you.  Yesterday morning I was walking down Jarvis Street to Laura's condo to help her pack for her move tomorrow.  I knew there had been a Pride walk earlier in the day (a fundraiser I believe) so when I passed a woman wearing a bib with her race number I said,  "Great race yes?" to which she instantly replied, "Yes - do you have a date for tonight's events?"  I assured her that I was okay thanks but she turned around and followed me asking me several times if I would please spend the evening, if not the night, with her.  So, finally I had to say, "I am not gay but thanks for asking!"  I have been chuckling about it ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment