Monday, July 4, 2011

Did not mean to upset....

When I blogged yesterday about my "Pride story" I did not intend to upset, offend or anger any gays in town for their Pride week and gala parade yesterday.  One individual who at the very least knows about my blog sent me a rambling e mail last evening suggesting I owe the gay community an apology for my Pride story - I think not.  I did not use words such as (to quote the Star) "We queers have arrived....." etc etc etc.  Many of my friends are gay and I don't treat them, or react to them, any differently than I would to my straight friends.  I do not separate them in my mind - ever.

I suspect your e mail ( Ms Queer as you called yourself) was about something else and I struggle to understand what that is - but I did not intend to insult and I don't believe I did.  So, with all due respect, get over yourself!

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment