Monday, July 4, 2011

Cookies for College

I am always interested in helping our youth -and young women in particular as I look back on my own work experiences and whether or not I might have been one who would benefit by having mentors in my life at that time.  Check out www.cookiesforcollege.ca  or e mail Susie Yankou at susie@cookiesforcollege.ca.

Susie plans to study Screenwriting at the University of Southern California's School of Cinematic Arts if she can raise the required $55,000.00 to get in.  Her parents will help her, she works part-time at an interior design firm and she is applying for every bit of funding she can think of.  And, Susie sells cookies at the Distillery District Farmer's Market on Sunday and at the Riverdale Farmer's Market on Tuesday.  She bakes the cookies herself - and all from scratch. She bakes The Peanutty Professor, The Old School Classic, The High School Sweetheart and The Gym Class Hero.    As many of you know, I don't do kitchen so all of this is very impressive to me!

Let's help Susie out and help her reach her goal to study Screenwriting.

Have a great Monday.

Love
Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment