Thursday, July 14, 2011

My friend the Pilgrim!

Yesterday Gwen and I had a wonderful lunch (that lasted for several hours) with our friend Michelle Pilon (yes that Michelle from Bell!) and Michelle had an incredible story to share with us.

Late in August Michelle and a friend will head out on a pilgrimage of the Camino (a route in Spain.) She is currently in serious training mode.  During the pilgrimage they will walk some 26kms per day over a five week period. Can you imagine?  I am so impressed and equally proud of her.  Camino means the way and I guess you could say that walking the Camino helps one to find their way but it is also Michelle's way of saying she is doing it her way.  The dictionary defines a pilgrim as "a person who travels to a sacred place as an act of religions devotion" but this is not the case here. It is not a religious pilgrimage for Michelle but rather something she wants to do to test herself in many ways. I have no doubt she will pass every test.

One thing though Michelle - the bubbly in the glass on the right will have to give way totally to the water glass on the left during your pilgrimage.  We will save the bubbly for when you come back home and we will plan a celebration for you then!! 

Michelle is going to set up a blog and when she does I will share it with you and you can follow her journey. She has a fundraiser connected to her pilgrimage. I will let her explain that in her own words when her blog is in place.

Travel safe my friend - and keep up the training between now and end of August.  I am already impressed!

Love

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment