Friday, May 13, 2011

The beauty of Port Hope

















While I was in Port Hope I was a guest at The Waddell on Walton Street. If ever you are looking for the perfect place to stay check out www.thewaddell.ca The building is more than 165 years old with traditional red brick walls, a view of the Ganaraska River and rooms to make you feel like a Queen or King trust me.

I reconnected with my friend David Noble - we were first friends, believe it or not, back in the late '80s working out at Gold's Gym on the corner of Charles and Yonge. David is on the board of the Northumberland YMCA and on the committee that brought me to town for their YMCA Strong Kids Campaign breakfast. I met so many wonderful new people, connected with some old friends, some from my Bell days (hi Kathy, Donna and Russ!) and in particular I met about 35 students. I love working with students and it looks like I will be able to stay in touch with a number of them. I have received e mails from students asking if we can remain in touch - this is a gift they are giving me.


David (on behalf of the committee and Board) gave me this beautiful leather bound journal. He would have no way of knowing that this journal adds to the collection I already have. The antique look fits so well with The Waddell too and of all the journals I have (and I have plenty) this collection is my favourite.



Heading North to see family..........enjoy your Friday the 13th and your weekend.


Love


Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment