Friday, May 6, 2011

I spoke too soon




Having slept through the entire night Wednesday things did not go so well Thursday night. In fact, we were up and down all night. Lexi, because kids can, slept most of the day today to catch up. Me, not so much so when Mummy and Daddy arrived to pick her up I had her packed and ready to go! (not really of course)

All kidding aside what a treat to have her all to myself for a couple of days. She changes each time I see her and to watch her grow is such a delight. When Jalen was this age I was living in Halifax so it was not as easy to spend this kind of time with him.
















As you know my friend Barb came over to meet Lexi yesterday after work - we had a great visit. Barb is a Nana too and kids are clearly drawn to her. Jalen was as well the very first time he met her. I have posted pictures of Jalen and Lexi's "How tall am I now?" wall and while Barb was here we measured Lexi again. It is a two person job because Lexi bounces on her feet and keeps bending her legs so getting her true height is not easy. I held her while Barb stood and took the picture - it is Barb that Lexi is looking up at. She is now 25 inches tall- so she is better than a two-footer already!


This particular Friday night I can tell you exactly what I am going to do -ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - and I might be sleeping by 9 pm too.


Love

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment