Friday, May 20, 2011

My niece - Dawn Marie Balisky



Today I want to brag about Dawn Marie. DM is a daughter, wife, sister, auntie, friend, teacher and my beautiful niece. These pictures were obviously taken at her wedding - wasn't she the most beautiful bride? We were all proud of DM for so many reasons on her special day - I believe that was in 1991 correct DM? In the second picture she is with her sister Natalie (who is my God child) and my then-very-young-son James.


Currently DM is training for her first triathlon and I am so proud of her for taking this on. I recently asked for an update and, in part, this is what she said, "Training is going very well. My favourite training is swimming which surprises me to no end. I was up and out of the house on the way to the pool this am by 5:30. I love swimming - nothing about it hurts! ... Last night I biked and ran. It's called a brick work out, because there are activities stacked (more like you feel like a brick!)" OMG I can't imagine it! DM went on to say that she is grateful for her support team including her husband Dean, Wendi and Sharon her friend from My Communities in Bloom group.


Wendi is an artist and there might be a tattoo in their future when the triathlon is behind them!


DM is a fantastic teacher. I have been with her in downtown Grande Prairie when some of her students see her in public. They have such glowing things to say to her and clearly consider her part of their lives. They actually follow her around when they see her.


DM's big weekend is in mid June so do me a favour and send her lots of love and positive energy.


Love

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment