Friday, December 10, 2010

Trimming the Christmas tree

















Each year I am fortunate to be with my son and his family as they decorate their Christmas tree. It is a bit of a tradition for us to do this together and truly a gift for me. Jalen and Daddy select Christmas music (not to be confused with actual Christmas music!) and they sing and dance through the evening. Jalen was thrilled when his Mummy and Daddy danced together but he soon took back the stage and entertained us with songs he has learned for his Grade One Christmas concert. .... so funny and so heartwarming. Three "snow days" also thrilled Jalen who wanted to go to school anyway so he and his buddies could play hockey all day or whatever part of the day they could manage to have their hockey sticks in hand.

Jalen and I had our usual "mini-sticks" games in the house while I was there. At one point as I attemped a save I fell into his toys and literally crushed a garage of some sort. Jalen immediately said, "I scored even though fell you Nana - and don't worry about that toy I don't play with it anymore. Anyway, my Daddy can fix it if I want it." I don't think that particular toy can be repaired but will leave it for Jalen to explain what happened.

When Jalen graduated from Senior K and moved on to Grade One I took him to the Hockey Hall of Fame as a graduation gift. This is what he wants for Christmas as well so we will do that. At every opportunity when the word "Christmas" was mentioned Jalen turned to me and said, "Don't forget Nana - Hockey Hall of Fame!"

Life through the eyes of a six year old is wonderful and even more-so at Christmas.

Love

Carol Ann
PS Jalen's Blackberry isn't really connected - it's his Daddy's old Blackberry and he uses it to check the time and to take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment