Monday, December 20, 2010

Reflections of my mother - Mary Rose Cole (d'Entremont)




On this day in 1992 we lost our beloved mother. Two days later, December 22nd would have been her 76 birthday. My sisters and I tend to spend December 20th each year reflecting and thinking of our Mom - each in our own way. The picture on the left was taken under our Christmas tree circa many years ago. Mom was always extremely proud and protective of her four girls.
The reason Mom and I are smiling in the photo on the right (taken in 1990) was that she was instructing my son, who was taking the photo, to zoom in but not too much. I was wearing tights and my mother was not a believer in women wearing tights - thus she did not want them to show in the picture. Later I would use this photo in the brochures printed to launch the Comfort Heart Initiative in her memory.
I try to be positive each year on this day but I do so with a heavy heart. Someone once said, "When your mother dies, your world is cut out from under you" and I believe this be true. We must each pick up the pieces and move on. However, I believe reflecting back can be a good thing.
If you still have your Mom, give her an extra hug today. If you do not, then you know how I am feeling today.
Love
Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment