Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas cards can be whatever you want them to be




My highschool teacher, Miss Whitney, is Liz to me now. However I still like to call her Miss Whitney. It brings back those fond classroom memories from oh-so-long-ago when someone was always shouting, "Miss Whitney - Miss Whitney" as if our life depended on her giving us her total attention immediately.
This year my Christmas card from MW came with this picture. She took the photo when we were together in July. MW always finds a day to take Lois and I touring when we are home on vacation and Lawrencetown Beach is our most favourite place to visit. Cold as always on this particular day but such joy as well. Imagine what it would be like to live there? Actually, my publisher, Lesley Choyce, does live there - walking distance to the beach where he is a year-round surfer as well as a prof at Dal, a writer and owner of www.pottersfieldpress.com He has it made! And I will be forever thankful to Lesley for publishing my last two books.
Enjoy your weekend - enjoy your Christmas cards and remember they do not have to be store-purchased. I suspect some of the best cards are not store-purchased.
Love
Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment