Friday, March 2, 2012

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

I posted the front cover of Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson in an earlier blog today.  This is the back cover.

I am reading this book for the second time.  Initially I was interested in reading the book because Steve Jobs was such a huge success in life - or at least at work.

I couldn't believe some of the things I was reading the first time around thus the second reading. For example,  "There was also the issue of his hygiene.  He was still convinced, against all evidence, that his vegan diets meant that he didn't need to use a deodorant or take regular showers.....Sometimes, to relieve stress, he would soak his feet in the toilet, a practice that was not as soothing for his colleagues."

REALLY? 

Another quote that surprised me, "There was a side to him that was frighteningly cold."  Don't get me wrong there are hundreds of pages of information and stories that are delightful and enlightening but the fact that this genius was not a people person shocks me.   I went through my entire career under the assumption that, for the most part, everyone who was successful in business was indeed a 'people person.' 

Seems I was wrong.  Never too late to learn ......................

Have a great Friday.

Love
Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment