Wednesday, March 7, 2012

International Women's Day - Ottawa event

I met some wonderful people last evening at the IWD celebration in Ottawa.  And, I spent a bit of quality time with friends. 

I can't name everyone here but JC Legault came with his wonderful mother Marthe Legault, his daughter Chantel and his wife Elaine. (Elaine thanks again for the gift - I am still wearing my new heart necklace.)  Judy Charette arrived with her friend Mae, her sisters Linda, Neila, Karen and Karen's husband Gary.  I am sure I am forgetting someone so forgive me.

Joy Forbes was waiting for me at the train station when I arrived and she took great care of me until the moment I left town.  I met her husband Dave and had a delightful breakfast at their home this morning with two additional gentlemen.  Three men at my breakfast table just doesn't happen!  Thanks Joy.

The organizing committee did a wonderful job arranging the entire evening.  We were entertained by the CFUW/Kanata Guitar Groovers who sang five classics befor the RCMP Miserable Ride took center stage - Oh My!  That was a very difficult act to follow.

I enjoyed myself totally - thanks Joy and everyone.

I hope to post pictures and am waiting for ...........hmmmmmmmmmmm.....for JC and Judy to forward pictures to me!

Love

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment