Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Reactions

I was reminded of this expression late yesterday.  A very profitable Canadian company was eager to hire me to give a keynote at their conference coming up in the fall. 

However, they were unwilling to pay for my services because they had 'spent their speaker's budget' on an American speaker.  I questioned this and was advised that 'American speakers are more expensive so we often don't have money left to hire Canadian speakers.'

Our discussion went on for some time and I am sorry to say that I did react in a way that I should not have.  My bad and lesson learned.

I do know that a manager who is in a more senior position than the manager who called me does read my blog on a regular basis so to you sir I say,  'Shop Canadian.'

Have a gentle Tuesday everyone and I will return later today.

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment