Thursday, March 1, 2012

Rest in Peace my friend Hazel Gillespie

I can't say enough about my friend Hazel Gillespie. 

I first met Hazel in the 1997-1998 time frame when my Comfort Heart Initiative was new.  Her employer, Peter-Canada, was one of my biggest supporters thanks to Hazel's efforts and support. Born in 1950 Hazel died way too young from this killer disease we know as cancer.  She battled breast cancer first and then again and again and again.  Cancer would not leave her alone.

If you Google Hazel's name you will read her obituary.  She wrote it herself. So like Hazel! Today there will be a Celebration of her Life held in Calgary and I believe Hazel prepared a video to be played during the Celebration. Again,so like Hazel!

R.I.P. Hazel. In your memory I will do all I can to help Wellspring Calgary.

Love

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment