Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Toronto Maple Leafs!

Honestly one of the hardest things about not having my computer for so long was not being able to blog about 'my' Leafs! (I can hear some of you saying, "blah, blah, blah they start out strong every year.)  I don't go there - this is  a new year and they are hot aren't they? I loved the opening game and win against Montreal and there have been many thriller games since game one.  Don Cherry's rant on Coach's Corner  when he called out the retired enforcers for suggesting that NHL players who fight are prone to substance abuse continued on for a few more games and he did apologize - sort of.  I am not a big fan of Cherry's but realize many are.  He does need to get on board with the damage illegal hits are doing to hockey players. It's a fact.

This past Saturday I watched the Leafs and Penguins game (4 - 3 for us) with Jalen and James which is always such a treat for me.  Jalen knows all there is to know about hockey and relives each goal time and time again.  It was nice to see the long standing ovation for Mats Sundin during the game and will be even nicer to see the game February 11th when he is honoured. "Number 13" will look good hanging from the rafters.

You have to agree (some of you anyway) that when Burke brought Kessel and Phaneuf on board he made a wise decision yes?  Kessel is red hot and Phaneuf is doing what he was brought here to do (most of the time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment