Wednesday, November 2, 2011

25 Billion dollar Halifax Shipyard contract

This photo is clearly not of a warship but it is of the Halifax habour so I thought I would include it this blog.

While I was at home in October the province received some absolutely wonderful news -  "A $25-billion Halifax Shipyard contract to build the next generation of naval warships" shouted the headlines of the Halifax paper. I was in a restaurant three hours away from Halifax when Darlene, a waitress at Chez Christophe, came to our table to say, "Great news. NS got the contract - we will do a better business even at this end of the province. " And the feeling was shared anywhere you went over the next few days.  There will be an influx of people, homes will be built and sold, cars will be purchased and new tires will be needed for older cars,  Iiving Shipbuilding Inc will hire engineers who will begin and end their career at home if they chose to do that.  It's all good and I couldn't be happier for my home province.

No comments:

Post a Comment