Tuesday, November 1, 2011

April 29th, 2012 - Fun and Fashion Show - Atlantica Hotel Halifax

You will recognize my friend Carol Bond on the left in this picture (with the pink hair!)  For many years Carol hosted "In the Pink Fun and Fashion"  - a fashion show featuring models who were all breast cancer survivors.  (I wrote about Carol in my books so you might remember reading about her if you were not in attendance at the shows.)  Fast forward to now and the lady on the right in the photo.  This is Michele McQuaid, Certified Fitter with her own business - Mastectomy Boutique-Designed For Living www.bestfitprostheses.com  I met Michele for the first time when I was home recently.  We had spoken/typed previously but had not met in person. We 'clicked' immediately and I am so grateful to Carol for making the introductions.  On April 29th next year Michele will hold her own event with her new business.  The event will include lunch, a silent auction and fashion show. All models will be breast cancer survivors and all net proceeds will be donated to help fund breast cancer research and to aid survivors.  Carol and I will both be there - and we hope you will too. I will keep you updated as the date approaches.  I am very keen to help Michele make this a very very successful day. 
Love
Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment