Thursday, December 8, 2011

My friend Valerie

I don't send very many Christmas cards and when I receive my annual card from Valerie and Mario I always feel that my card to them just didn't measure up. 

I am not sure if this is called needlepoint or cross-stitch (that's how much I know) but I have this wonderful collection of cards from Valerie and they are all hand made. We even have a Christmas ornament on the tree with skis on one side and "Jamie" on the other side dating back to when James was still Jamie and racing with the Toronto Ski Club (now, that is a story!)

My Wilmot friend Beryl Holman has a great saying relative to giving and receiving Christmas cards.  Her motto is, "I don't give to get.  But, I don't give if I don't get."  I love the expression and it explains why I receive fewer cards each year  However, it's all good.

Hope Thursday is treating you well.

Love
Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment