Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My friend Nancy.....

My friend Nancy is a fantastic cook - and she can bake anything, literally anything. Often she starts to make something at the last minute and still everything she makes turns out perfectly. 

Nancy mailed a box of fudge to me recently (to put a few pounds back on me) and I am enjoying every tiny speck of every piece.  I am not sharing it with anyone either!!

So what is the story behind this particular cake you ask?  Well....this story involves her husband David (more about David in a second.)  You see, David offered to help Nancy by taking the cake out of the oven.  He dropped it somehow and this is the result.  They did make the best of it  though - as you can see there are a few large pieces that could be salvaged.  I would have sat on the floor to ensure even the smallest piece was eaten.

David is a wonderful man.  He is so involved with his family, he loves all of his family and shows it.  He takes great care of everything, including his antique car.  I guess technically Nancy is an antique too right Nancy? LOL  Seriously though, David is a very sincere, dedicated and loyal man.   (He's handsome too by the way.) I don't think there are many men out there like David - maybe you got the last of the good guys Nancy.  Hate it when that happens.

Love
CA

No comments:

Post a Comment