Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Last evening I had the pleasure of speaking at the AGM for Willow - Breast Cancer Support Canada. Willow offers information and support for all Canadians affected by breast cancer. They ensure that no one is alone in this terrible fight we call breast cancer. I concluded my talk by sharing my top ten "What I Know Now" moments and at the request of those who have contacted me this morning asking for a copy I am posting it here...

What I Know Now
Willow Nov 17, 2009

10. Care from your heart - share your soft side.
9. Cancer often opens doorways-watch for them.
8. Don’t judge others. Those who judge don’t matter and those who matter don’t judge.
7. Lighten up – laugh, listen and learn from kids.
6. Always say “yes” to chocolate.
5. When making a tough decision ask, “Will this matter in a day, a month, a year?”
4. Every job is a big job – you are never “just” a volunteer.
3. Tackle your bucket-list - now.
2. Embrace your life’s hope chest - hope changes.
1. Slow Dance – author David L Weatherford. (on my website under "presentations.")

No comments:

Post a Comment