Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Draft one of From the Heart



I shared this photo with you here on September 2nd.  At that time, I was beginning the process of sifting through over 1000 letters looking for the stories we will publish in From the Heart.

I have been very touched by the input I have received from readers of my blog and updates on my facebook page - thanks for all of your help!

After reading each and every letter I have saved, I was able to select close to 100 stories from a collection of letters, cards, e mails and journal entries capturing your thoughts about your own Comfort Heart.

A few days ago I shared the first draft of From the Heart with CBCF and following several draft changes and updates yet to come,  the hard work will begin - the editing and layout of the book.

Our (your) book is taking shape and I wanted to share that with you. The price I pay for asking you to submit your stories when I first wrote about From the Heart in September is that I continue to receive your stories and unfortunately we won't be able to use all of them. I am sure you will understand and I am hopeful that you will be happy with the final result.

I am hoping for a spring or summer 2013 book launch but it is a bit too soon to confirm that.  Stay tuned, and thanks so much for your continued support of the Comfort Heart Initiative and of From the Heart. 

Love,

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment