Saturday, May 19, 2012

Paul Comeau - Chez Christophe restaurant - NS

There are days when I am so damn mad at cancer I can hardly think logically.

Paul was not only the owner of Chez Christophe restaurant but he was the cook and perhaps the best cook in the world.  People would literally come from all over the world to eat at his little tables in the restaurant he had made out of the home he grew up in.  There were kitchen parties, friends reconnecting, business meetings and students from the local University gathering for graduation.  By the end of the meal you were talking with people at the next table who had been strangers when you walked in.

Two summers ago Paul began to share more and more details with me about his cancer battle.  He would show me the huge tumours on his arm, and the even larger scars where tumours had been removed only to grow back again.  Treatment worked and treatment didn't work. Cancer is like that - no logic at all. 

My trip home this summer won't be the same. I hope I can find the staff so I can give them all a hug. I don't know if the restaurant will reopen - I fear not.  And, I worry about the wonderful staff who have been with Paul for oh so many years.  What will happen to them now?

R.I.P. Paul - you have certainly earned this rest.

My love to all of you,

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment