Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Michele McQuaid and her In the Pink Fun & Fashion Show

Michele McQuaid hosted her first In the Pink Fun & Fashion show in Halifax this past Sunday and it was a huge success by all accounts. My friend Carol Bond (with me above) even had pink in her hair for the event!

The three ladies on the left are Managers with Melanie Lyne www.melanielyne.com and Laura www.laura.com. I have great praise for Thelma Boyd, Barb Buchanan and Glenda Sherlock who selected and brought all fashions to be worn by the models, dressed the models and co-ordinated everything beautifully.  The fashions were totally age appropriate and this is not always the case I find. And, I did hear many of the women in the audience making this very comment. They also dressed Michele and as you can see she looked beautiful.

The models in this fashion show were all breast cancer survivors and from the second the first model came into view the audience showed their admiration, support and love by standing, singing, clapping hands, laughing and yes crying too.

The silent auction items were outstanding and I am sure Michele will be pleased with her donation to cancer research (breast cancer and ovarian cancer) when all monies are counted.

I took a few pictures but the better pictures were all taken by Angela Jorgensen of Chrome Design www.chromedesign.ca

Michele, hats of to you - you have found the perfect way to pay it forward. I am so proud of you.

From the heart,

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment