Monday, February 14, 2011

Okay Okay Happy Valentine's day to you!

I can laugh at it now, but as an 18 year old it was not the least bit funny. As I was passing by a card shop window in North Bay Ontario I stopped to watch the love of my life selecting a card that I was certain would be for me. It was Valentine's Day after all and we had a date for later that evening. I walked up behind beautiful-Alec (and he was beautiful!) to surprise him as he stood at the cashier's counter. To my surprise and horror he was paying for not one but two cards that shouted "Happy Valentine's Day to my one and only!" Yowza that hurt. I got over it - and him.

Single women out there don't dispare - we can buy our own chocolates yes? A very good friend of mine is in surgery as I type this and I pray that in a few days I will be delivering chocolates to her in her hospital room and wishing her well from all of her former Bell friends, church friends and the many other friends who grace her life. Today is not all about a valentine.

Love
Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment