Saturday, September 1, 2012

A constant struggle for some


While the above comment is meant to be humourous I am aware that many struggle on a daily basis with alcohol and the effects it leaves behind.  One of my favourite Aunts would tell you that she is an alcoholic. She is a recovering alcoholic and has not taken a drink in many years.

One of my favourite memories of her talking about this struggle with me took place in the Middleton library a number of years ago.  I had just given a talk there and like the proud Aunt she is, she came up and gave me a big hug.  At the same time she whispered in my ear, "My God Carol Ann I wish you were an alcoholic because that would qualify you to speak at one of our monthly meetings." She was kidding but we laughed about her comment through the rest of the event.

It is always good to laugh at ourselves and with those who love us,

Love

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment