Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Chapters in Life

I like this quote for more than one reason.  Obviously the first reason is clear - in life we must continually move forward.

As I work on my novel I am making the mistake (and I KNOW I am making the mistake) of re-reading each chapter over and over and over. Thus, I have trouble moving forward.

Today was a good example of that.

I had a great idea for a new chapter but first I decided to give a 'fast read' through the 100 or so pages that I have written already.  As a result of doing that and getting bogged down time and time again I never did get to my new chapter.  And now at day's end the great idea for my new chapter doesn't seem so great.  It was great 10 hours ago and I should have captured it on paper then.

If you are a writer don't make the mistake I made today!  Keep moving forward.  There will be lots of time to re-read when you are finished.  And, lots of others to help you do it too.

I have a great evening planned (?) as I head off to my condo AGM.

Have a nice evening all.

Love

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment