Tuesday, January 3, 2012

To my female friends - would you recognize the symptoms of a heart attack?

In December I posted the Christmas card that my friend Valerie sent to me.  Valerie makes her Christmas cards - she does cross stitch (or it may be needle point which tells you how much I know.)  I am always impressed with her cards and wanted to share my 2011 card with you.

Today Valerie is home recovering from triple by pass surgery - which likely saved her life. Valerie's mom died of a massive heart attack when she was only in her 40's so Valerie has made it her business to know and recognize the symptoms.  The symptoms for women are very different from those men experience.  The symptoms can be so slight you might miss them - fatigue (and we always say that is to be expected because of all we do yes?) slight tingling in your arm a mild chest pain that can be so mild and quick you ignore it.  Go to the website for the Heart and Stroke foundation and make it your business to learn all you need to know to protect yourself from letting a heart attack take your life.  Seriously.

Love

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment