Thursday, September 29, 2011

"Remission" is a wonderful word

I have not blogged about my friend (I am going to call her "D") because this is her story to tell if she chooses to share.  Watching her deal with cancer this year has been an incredible journey and I have been so totally impressed with how she has handled cancer from the diagnoses, surgery on Valentine's Day for Christ sake, and so many steps forward with two steps back leading up to today when she heard those magic words. "You are in remission."  What began in January is behind her now - almost - and by year end she can start a New Year with regular check ups like the rest of us "survivors" have to live with.  The key word is "live."

D you are my hero. Your attitude has been outstanding, your energy to stay positive so evident, your caring for others during your own difficulties not lost on anyone. Walking this journey with you has been a gift you have given me.

Love
Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment