Monday, February 18, 2013

Self Publishing

Good morning to you.  I realize I don't join you hear as often as I once did so I thought I would take a few moments with you today.

I am an early morning person and today is no exception. With coffee in hand I have been at my computer once again reviewing the final draft of From the Heart.  I know what you are saying...."She said her manuscript was heading to the text design and type setting team at least a week ago."

I am still learning how difficult self publishing can be.  I am very fortunate in that I have some great people working with me.  A copy editor, a cover designer and many other eyes are helping. Yet, we find "one more thing" each day.  I chose to self publish because I want net proceeds to all go the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.  If I had gone to a publisher chances are they would have kept about 90% of the net proceeds - that is just how it works.  An author makes roughly 10% to 15% percent on each book sale.  I didn't want that to happen with From the Heart.  So, onward we go...

Dare I say it but I believe it - we are so close.  A few tweaks on Tuesday morning and we can send it off. I am sure of it.

I will keep you posted.

From the heart,

Carol Ann

It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment