Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My friend Pat Bisogno

 Pasquale (Pat) Bisogno and his wife Mary were two of the people I travelled in Europe with in 2005.  We had so much fun, so many laughs and created so many memories.   Good thing.

Look closely and you will see large snowflakes in the bottom picture.  I took this picture on January 27th.  At around 4 am that morning we lost Pat at the tender age of 59 years young.  Snowflakes will forever remind me of all that was good in Pat. 

Cancer pisses me off.  Pardon my language - Pat went to the hospital just before year's end. He didn't have a chance to get out of the hospital. He didn't even have the chance to get out of bed.  Cancer took Pat's life in less than a month.  Where is the fairness in that?

 Mary is now left with her memories and, thankfully, her three children. John, Anthony and Jennifer were at Mary's side every second at the funeral home and every second at Pat's funeral yesterday.  I cried watching them and listening to them speak of their unspeakable loss.

Pat's only brother, Gene, is a cancer survivor (twice) and yet it was Pat that cancer came looking for this time.  Gene and his wife Clare are dear friends of mine and I am so sad for them too.  Gene, to lose your only sibling - I simply can't imagine.

When you lose someone you love you have a new angel in heaven whose name you know.  The words "Angel Pat" don't sound quite right just yet - but they will.

If I could give a shout out here to Mary - we will be by your side whenever you need us to be there Mary.  We will include you when we do things together and we will find ways to continue to cry and laugh with you. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Lots of love to all of the Bisogno's and to all of those who love them.

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment