Monday, October 18, 2010

A busy October and it's not over yet!


Hi there - I have returned to Toronto for a few days following a busy ten days working in Nova Scotia with the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation and in London Ontario with the Canadian Cancer Society. I don't make a habit of posting event pictures here but will share one with you from the fabulous CBCF Sydney breaskfast on October 8th. Susan Forrester and I met over breakfast and I am sure we will keep in touch. Susan is a wonderful woman and a proud supporter of CBCF. I drove from Sydney to Halifax with Nancy, Jaime and Cheryl and it felt like vacation for a day! Ever had one of those?

The week of Oct 11th was full of events, meetings and time with friends. The week did not all go as planned but these things happen- disappointments included. On the up side the weather was summer-like and I am sure I had 25 walks on the boardwalk - at least 25.

On Friday Oct 15th I was one of many who waited and waited on an airplane in Halifax going nowhere while we watched a lightening storm take over the runway. We eventually took off but by then I had missed my Toronto to London connection so it made for a very long day/night.

Laura Wall with the London arm of CCS Ontario was there to meet me so all was not lost. I had a great day on Saturday with the Volunteers and Staff. Made new friends, and connected with old. I think I have more CCS friends in the London area than anywhere else in Canada and I appreciate each and every one of them so much.

This weekend I am off to Perth to reconnect with Karen Hickey and others at an event hosted by CFUW - Canadian Federation of University Women. And, during the last weekend of the month I will have the pleasure of speaking at the Canadian Breast Cancer Network's National Conference for Young Women Living with Breast Cancer. The Conference theme is "Body, Mind and Spirit" and promises to be an exciting three days. I will get to see Shauna and Cheryl again too so that is an added plus. You can get the most up to date info about the conference at http://www.cbcn.ca/ so check it out.

Enjoy these last two weeks of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment