Saturday, February 6, 2010

A very active and busy Marthe Legault

This morning I received a wonderful e-mail from Marthe. We share many things including the same birthday - on March 28th Marthe will be 85 years young! She drives, plays bridge twice a week, has seasons tickets to SENS games, has 14 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren. Even though French is her first language Marthe composed the following e-mail and I just had to share it with you. (She is J.C. Legault's mother and you can read about him on page 133 of my latest book.)

"Dear Carol Ann

I heard about Carol Ann Cole twelve years ago when my son J.C. (my Jean-Claude) offered me a Comfort Heart and told me about a woman who had experienced cancer, along with her mother. I admired you then, but nothing compared to what I feel for you now that I have read you book. On our last New Year's family reunion, my dear son gave a copy of your book to every one of us - me, his sister and brothers. More than admiration, I now feel love and respect for you. Needless to say we all began reading on page 133! Yes, we all knew than since the death of my husband in 1991, Jean-Claude was struggling through his illness while always being the successful man in his work, the strong man of the family, the perfect and devoted father, the attentive son to his mother's needs and the attentive big brother and uncle. The shocking reflection I had in reading Jean-Claude's testimonial was realizing that through all his life,as a mother, I failed to understand the hell my son was living through until he met "his angel Elaine."

I am so grateful to you for giving to my family, my friends and everyone who will read your book, the opportunity to know J.C. as he really is and to be inspired by his strength of character and his Faith in God.

Your book brings so much love, comfort and courage to all your readers with all the testimonies of so many people you have met in your life. The story of your full life of courage, faith and perserverance is a tonic to the reader. Your incredible sense of humour and your positive way of facing your personal problems is so refreshing.

I wish with all my heart that one day I will have the pleasure and the honour to be present at one of your conferences.

The only subject I disagree with you on is your love for the Toronto Maple Leafs! I would rather say, "Go Ottawa Sens Go!"

God bless you,

Marthe Legault"

No comments:

Post a Comment