Friday, May 30, 2014

Apple Blossom Festival


 This is Apple Blossom Festival weekend in the beautiful Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia.

I remember the parade each year and the beautiful people on the floats - how I wanted to be like them. Isn't it funny what we remember over time?  I would learn over the years we can all be beautiful if we are 'prettied-up' as my mother called it to sit on a float for one day of our lives.

When I moved home in the mid '90's I travelled to Kentville a number of times for the annual Festival and Parade.  Parking was a nightmare as you entered Kentville - I remember that - and the parade was lovely.  But....and there is sometimes a 'but' ....it was not the parade and celebration I had remembered from my youth.

Life is often like that.

Have a wonderful Friday whatever you are doing today.

Love

CA

No comments:

Post a Comment