Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal

I have some fresh memories this morning to store in Jalen and Lexi's time capsule. 

James came to Roy Thompson Hall with me last evening where I, along with 599 others (!) received the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal. There were some official photos taken so I hope to have those to share with you eventually.

Distinguished presenters were selected to present the medals.  We were broken up into groups of about 35 and I was fortunate to receive my medal from non other than Norman Jewison.  That in itself was an honour.

We were entertained by Susan Aglukark, Molly Johnson, Ben Heppner, Stuart McLean and Gordon Lightfoot.  Peter Mansbridge was the Master of Ceremonies - he is very funny and did an excellent job.  Clearly there are many sides to Peter.

It was a wonderful evening and an event I was proud to be part of.

Have a great Tuesday my friends.

Love

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment