Sunday, October 2, 2011

Jalen and Alexander Ovechkin

What do Jalen and Ovechkin have in common?  They were both born on September 17th and both began training at age seven.  These are new facts for Jalen and he is thrilled to celebrate his birthday with his hockey hero.

The evening Jalen first observed Ovechkin we were watching the hockey game together - just he and I.  What impressed him most of all was not the skating, the stick handling or the goal scoring (that would come soon enough) but the throwing of his body into the boards after scoring a goal.  Very early the next morning I overheard Jalen say to his dad, "Daddy, do you know who Ovechkin is?" to which James replied, "Yes I do son. How do you know who Ovechkin is?"    At the time it was all about skiing not hockey in my son's household! 

That would change .....my fault!

No comments:

Post a Comment