Thursday, September 9, 2010

Add Barcelona to your vacation list!

I have just spent 6 days in Barcelona and I highly recommend it. Not one to pay particular attention to buildings I have fallen in love with the work of Antoni Gaudi - born in 1852! His work as an architect is unbelievable and you have to see it to believe it.

We went on a bus tour to see the entire city of Barcelona . That helped us determine what we wanted to explore in more detail - and I kept going back to view the architecture. Talk about GRAND!

Didn't do much shopping. Much of what I saw was "made in China" so why go to Barcelona to buy something made in China? I will admit I had planned to do some serious shopping on the Sunday before coming home. But . . . no shops are open on Sunday - none - and good for them.

Now the summer has passed and it is time to turn my thoughts to a number of speaking contracts I have for the fall. About a dozen or so in October so maybe our paths will cross. I would like that.

I hope you have enjoyed your summer and I look forward to your e mails.

Carol Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment