Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Here Comes Summer!

Where did June go? This month has passed in a blur . . . and now we make plans for the summer. This is an exciting time of the year and I love it.

I have a few very different projects on the go but the one taking most of my time and the one I find totally rewarding at the moment is a writing project with the Good Neighbours' Club. I spend each Wednesday morning at the Club working with different members who would like to have their life story (or part of it) captured in words. Many of the men are homeless, most are unemployed and some have various forms of illness to deal with. I find it humbling to work with these individuals - I am learning so much from them. They share their story with ease and spare no detail - most have lived a very hard and difficult life and they are still young men. If we are able to capture a sufficient number of stories I hope to put them all together in a book that would raise much needed money for the GNC. We will see.

I visited with family at beautiful Sylvan Lake (about two hours South of Edmonton) this month and it was nice to have a short vacation at this time of the year. It was so relaxing and much more quiet than downtown Toronto!

Jalen's school year is winding down - next year - Grade ONE.

Enjoy Canada Day - coming up fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment